Vegetarian Portobello Fajita's
This is one of our favourite vegetarian recipes! It's so versatile that it's bound to make everyone happy!
- Remove stems of mushrooms and spoon out gills if desired (make sure to wipe tops clean).
- Cut mushrooms into roughly 1/3 inch pieces.
- Sliced the bell peppers and onions to match mushroom.
- To make the fajita seasoning mix, Combine all spices into a bowl and mix well together.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and 1 tbsp of olive oil, as well as the peppers and onions. Cook for roughly 2-4 minutes.
**Note** If you are using frozen sliced peppers and onion do not put olive oil in pan beforehand (The Oil can start splashing and cause harm). Let the frozen vegetables cook away the moisture inside them (2-4 minutes) and then add the oil in.
- Add mushrooms and 1-2 tbsp of Fajita Seasoning.
- Stir occasionally and cook for another 7-8 minutes or until vegetables and mushrooms are softened.
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lime (or more) and stir (Salt if necessary) and turn off heat.
- While the veggies are still cooking you can prepare your toppings of choice.
- Once all topping are prepared you are ready to serve.
- 2-3 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 Bell Peppers**
- 1 Medium White Onion**
- 1-2 tbsp Fajita Seasoning (See Below)
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Corn Tortillas (Or other Tortillas)
Toppings of choice: guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa.
**Note** You can substitute the peppers and onion with our pre-cut Fajita Vegetable Mix.
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional - if you like spice)